4.8

I've been seeing Peter Doherty for over 10 years. I had problems getting in tune with his manner and after about 12-18 months I sought a second opinion from a psychiatrist I sourced independently.

I was seriously considering shifting away from Doherty. Doherty raised no qualms about sending my record to this other psychiatrist. However, the second psychiatrist, who really impressed me, impressed upon me the reality Peter's treatment of me was no different to what he (the 2nd psych., would employ. I decided to continue with Peter and have mostly been very happy since.

I've adapted better to his manner, which I've always found to be kind, but apparently a bit offhand. I've always found his advice to be good (I research everything thoroughly), he has always given me plenty of choice, ALL drug increase, change, and decrease decisions are mine, based, of course on the knowledge he imparts. He clearly sets out the options, and the pros and cons of each. Since the 2nd opinion I've always taken my partner with me.

He's never questioned that, and realises it helps in the sense that she is able to give him better input on my condition and any changes than I can, and she is able both to add to my recall (I have an appalling memory, made worse by one of my drugs) and to help me at times better interpret what I've been told. This has helped me considerably. Would I recommend Peter Doherty to others? Yes, but with provisos.

And I would stress that if any prospective patient finds him difficult at first, if they can cope it would be good to bear with him. The time taken is, I believe, well worth it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Psychiatrist Peter Doherty Doctor.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

I liked: Treatment for clincical chronic suicidal depression.

I didn't like: Peters attitude initially but i now have full confidence.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 30, 2017.

Comments

If he hasn't cured you in 10 years, how much have you paid him?

Is his opinion dependent on who pays his bill?

I wish to make an addition in my own words... Peter is not a *** head!

Thanks for the insight... Yes that resonates with me.

I have a ind of my own I like to believe and this review is honest I feel. Thank you.

Recently Discussed Reviews